Delivers merchandise to customers by verifying orders, inventorying stock, preparing necessary import and export shipping documents for customs clearance, CIQ, preparing documents for payment and arranging transportation. Responsible for a defined account base and management of activities for assigned accounts. Manage quality and consistency of product and service for delivery. Assist in other departmental projects.
Summary of essential job functions:
1) Verifies and sorts order by ship date and follows up with vendors and forwarders.
2) Arranges shipments by contacting vendors, forwarders, and carriers accordingly.
3) Get documents for import and export of merchandise and make sure all logistics operation will be in compliance with Chinese policy and company regulation.
4) Ships merchandise by examining in-house merchandise (only if applicable), destination, route, rate, delivery time, dispatches to carriers, and generate documents from ERP system.
5) Verifies merchandise shipped by matching bill of lading, reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
6) Keeps customers informed by informing any shipment delays and current status of shipments; answering questions.
7) Protects organization’s reputation by providing the service we promise.
8) Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
9) Accomplishes distribution and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
10) Check for any discrepancies in the Certificate of Conformance.
11) Maintains and establishes good relationships with customers and vendors.
12) Coordinate internal departments to provide quality service to customers
13) Handle Argosy NY orders in and out of China as the main contact window
14) Support logistics manager to expand freight forwarding business in China
1) Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
2) Strong computer skills (MS Office, PowerPoint, Windows XP, Excel, etc)
a.Ability to format presentations in PowerPoint and insert graphics
b.Ability to analyze and create reports in Excel
c.Ability to quickly pick up and operate in ERP systems
d.Good typing skills
3) Strong analytical skills
a. Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
b. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
4) Detail oriented
5) Highly organized
6) Accountable for own work and ability to work independently without supervision
7) Willing to learn, go getter
8) Ability to follow directions and pay attention to details, with long term goal of assuming complete responsibility on the assigned tasks.
9) Degree from a 4 year college or university
10) Able to prioritize and juggle multiple responsibilities.
11) Able to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes.